NEXT COURSE STARTS 22 JULY 2019
Dates & Times
- The Locksmith course is conducted over a 9 week period, full time and consists of both theory and practical classes.
- Next course will commence on 22 July 2019 and will continue until 23 September 2019.
- Classes are from Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to 16:30pm and on Fridays from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
- Part time classes on a Saturday will become available in 2019.
Please note that classes are currently offered in Johannesburg only.
The School of Advanced Locksmithing
2nd Floor, 54 Andries Street, Wynberg, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Please view a list of B&B’s in the area should you require accommodation while doing the course.
LOCKSMITH SKILLS COURSE
- Explain the requirements for
becoming a security service provider;
- Apply basic business ethics in a work
- Apply health and safety to a work area;
- Apply the basic skills of customer service;
- Duplicate and cut keys;
- Maintain a safe and tidy working
- Maintain key-cutting machines;
- Select, use and care for power tools;
- Apply methods of opening locks;
- Install and remove locks;
- Open and restore the security of non-categorised safes;
- Originate keys;
- Perform keying and repairs of lock systems;
- Open a vehicle without a key.
Cost: R35,000.00 (excluding VAT)
ADVANCED SAFE OPENING COURSE
Our students will understand the workings of the lock and therefore how to open them when no keys are available. All the methods that are shown are using 2 in 1 picks to keep the cost down for the individual and purely learning on skill set.
We aim to provide you with the solid grounding you need to start and run your locksmith business correctly from day one. The course offers intensive training over a 5 day period with a maximum of 5 students per course. The course is 90% practical to ensure you know how to put the theory into practice. Upon completion of the course you will have the ability to start practicing as a knowledgeable locksmith and have an in-depth ability to work on the locks trained on. You will also receive a detailed instruction manual and training certificate.
KEY CUTTING COURSE
This course will train you how to cut keys using an original. The use of various techniques and equipment will be discussed in detail and students will have an opportunity to cut keys and will be graded on the quality of workmenship.
Cost: R16,000.00 (4 – 6 Students) (excluding VAT)
R15,500.00 (7 – 10 Students) (excluding VAT)
* Additional course material will be charged for.
* All prices are subject to change.
* All prices quoted exclusive of VAT.
I did not know anything about locksmithing and now know enough to start my own business.Johan Viljoen
The facilitator spoke amazingly well and was very patient which is the most important thing. Also individual attention and classes are small. One to one teaching both practical and writing.Justin Hall
The course was professional and fun and the practical was the best part of the course as this is what we all love doing.Anton Ferdinand Loots
This is a comprehensive course which completely gives you a background in locksmithing and teaches practical knowledge & skills needed to perform tasks of a locksmith.Quintin Marchand Pretorius
Contact us today for any further
information or to book your
Tel: +27 (0) 010 141 8234
Address: 2nd Floor, Bergild House
54 Andries Street, Wynberg, Sandton,
Johannesburg, South Africa
PSIRA Registration number: 0952880
SASSETA Accreditation number: 081915400357